Enjoy your session? Tim, Gabriella, and the Cause Inspired team have put together resources to help you get started! We’ve broken down what you need to know into 3 simple sections; Chrome Extensions, Questions to Ask a Developer, and Useful Links.
Still have questions about the Google Ad Grant or SEO? Contact us to speak with specialists and learn how Cause Inspired Media can help your nonprofit find success in digital marketing. Then ask about our other services, like web development, social media, content writing, Facebook and Display Ads, and more!
- Moz Bar – an SEO toolbar
- Keywords Everywhere – find keyword search volume and cost-per-click (CPC) data
- Meta SEO Inspector – inspect the meta data that is not typically visible to the human eye
- Google Page Analytics – see how customers interact with your site pages
- Link Miner – checks broken links and shows the metrics of links
- SERP Trends – shows the dynamic changes of your website on the Search Engine Results Pages
- GS Location Changer – change your location when using Google Search
- SEO Minion – helps On-Page analysis, broken link checking, and more
- Keyword Finder – highlights the most used words on the page
Questions to Ask a Developer
- What platform is it built on (WP most recommended, Drupal, custom HTML)
- What theme is being used (if custom – harder to edit and manage)
- Using an existing theme (as is)
- Or customizing an existing theme
- Or has a custom theme been built from scratch (if custom, will need training on how to edit it because general resources won’t be available for themes built from scratch)
- How easy is it for me to edit/manage the site. What access level do you have? (what are the capabilities of that access)
- Do they have an SEO or ux/user experience strategy for the landing pages? (Developers might not offer SEO strategy for improving engagement)
- Do they have a strategy for URL structure?
- Are analytics and tag manager set up?
- Know what plugins and third parties you have on your site (All web isn’t web. What third parties used might need to bring in for help regarding those specific plugins/applications)
- Who is your domain name hosted with?
- Know who your website is hosted with (not always the same host. Access levels can vary)
- Are all images resized, compressed, and optimized?
- How often do they update them/plugins and do they back up the site? (slow down site speed)